Dance menu keeps disappearing for no apparent reason

tessy21

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As a Relative new  person to Sl   ( now  2 weeks going on three  )  not sure if  I  have  posted  this  in the  right forum but here's hoping I have

Keener  Am dancing   with  someone or  on my own  I  click  the right button  and   dance menu  comes  up  without a   problem 

trouble is after a short  while it  disappears  same things happens  with the sex  animation  menu  and  most  other  menus  am I  doing  something wrong or is  it normal 

tessy21 wrote:

As a Relative new  person to Sl   ( now  2 weeks going on three  )  not sure if  I  have  posted  this  in the  right forum but here's hoping I have

Keener  Am dancing   with  someone or  on my own  I  click  the right button  and   dance menu  comes  up  without a   problem 

trouble is after a short  while it  disappears  same things happens  with the sex  animation  menu  and  most  other  menus  am I  doing  something wrong or is  it normal 

It's normal - if you look in the upper right corner of your screen after you've been using the menu for a while you'll see butttons with cubes on them. Menus shrink to these buttons after a while. If you click on these buttons the menu will re-maximize.

Most menus time out, meaning you may see them still (or not depending on the system) but nothing happens when you click a button.  They are scripted to do this because when the menu is active it is using server resources and contributes to lag.  If this happens close the menu and touch the dance ball or HUD button to get a fresh menu.

If you are using an Intan dance system in a club, you can click "tools & help" on the menu and get a HUD to attach to your screen so you don't have to cam around to find the Intan to click when you want to use the menu again.  Tools & Help also has a filter that you can use to choose the style of dance you want to use if more than one style is available, which depends on what dances the owner loaded into the system.  You can choose one or more styles.  Then hit either Sequence, to dance the dances in the order they appear on the menu, or Random to let the system randomly select dances from the ones that are available. (You don't need to filter any if you want to dance them all.)  Using this feature will make you dance various dances without having to choose them from the menu.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.