Any Indian residents transacting and buying L$? and How?

Joey Zwickel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a resident from India and I used to buy L$ from ELDEX via Paypal. Recently the bank with which I have my credit card with notified me that my transactions with ELDEX via Paypal were prohibited as they were against the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA). Can any Indian resident playing on SL tell me if they are buying L$? and how they are buying it? I just want to transact and live my SL without being bound by ambiguous laws.

Joey Zwickel wrote:

I'm a resident from India and I used to buy L$ from ELDEX via Paypal. Recently the bank with which I have my credit card with notified me that my transactions with ELDEX via Paypal were prohibited as they were against the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA). Can any Indian resident playing on SL tell me if they are buying L$? and how they are buying it? I just want to transact and live my SL without being bound by ambiguous laws.

Wow, that is wild.  I can't give you specific advise but this is the list of Exchanges currently approved by LL.  Maybe you can find one that is compliant with FEMA. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Linden_Dollar_%28L$%29_Authorized_Reseller_Program

The list of Exchanges has grown immensely.

I'd suggest shooting off a message to Eldex also and making them aware of your problem. 

Taking a brief look at FEMA I wonder if they aren't trying to crack down on people who are trading in Virtual Currencies.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.