Clothing Help

bigren09

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am just getting started with making clothes. I have watched some videos and some made sense and some confused me. So, i was just seeing if there was someone or some people that can teach me how to make clothing. If you want you can PM me or respond. Also if there is someone that would want to teach me we can work something out. Because i wana get started making stuff asap. We would be able to work on it IG over skype how ever we set it up.

Thanks in advance

Marcus Shuut (bigren09 resident )

I am not always on when they have there classes. We can negoiate payment because i am gonna try and open a store. So can work something out with that like a precentage of sales or something. We can work something out. I dont make much linden wise so we can talk.

how much doy ou already know? Do you know photoshop? Do you know what a UV is (or template)? What kind of clothinga re you looking to make? Mesh, Layer only, both? I can almost garuntee that no one is going to teach you something as complex as mesh without assurance of paymenet (as no one can know if your clothing will sell at all) and I'd be hard pressed to find someone who would even teach your photoshop/gimp for free or with the possiblity of no payment. I'm sorry but that's the realistic view. I say this because I do know photoshop/illustrator and how to model (not UV though) and I personally wouldn't do it without knowing i was going to be paid (unless we were close friends of course). These programs are complex and take a lot of time to learn. Meaning they take a lot of time to teach.

What I suggest, since you can't afford to outright pay and likely no one will risk teaching you something on the hopes you MIGHT make enough money to pay, is to look for online tutorials. There's a lot of tutorials on how to make clothing for second life online. And there's a lot of tutorials on how to use photoshop and gimp (gimp being the free alternative here). If you don't know mesh I would start with making layer clothing or buying premade mesh models (templates) and just using photoshop to design/recolor the outfits. Buy clothing templates from places like {YLH} and look out how they made there layers. Also practice pratcie practice. Your first few things won't be amazing. once you master photoshop/gimp move on to modelling and UVing in 3d modelling programs like BLender. I suggest starting with photoshop/gimp as this is FAR easier to master then 3d modelling for most people.

I hope this helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.