trouble with username being accepted by security orbs and radio boards

Wes Teebrook

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am having trouble with security orbs and radio boards accepting my username.  I created it back in 2007 and I have a period/space in the name.  Any suggestions on fixing this issue?  We've tried to use my username Wes.Teebrook and the legacy name Wes Teebrook, does not fix the issue.

2 answers to this question

I am having trouble with security orbs and radio boards accepting my username.  I created it back in 2007 and I have a period/space in the name.  Any suggestions on fixing this issue?  We've tried to use my username Wes.Teebrook and the legacy name Wes Teebrook, does not fix the issue.

Your Username is wes.teebrook

Your Legacy Name is Wes Teebrook

Your Display Name is Will West

Scripts such as security orbs and radio boards tend to use your Legacy Name. This is true for the vast majority of scripts in Second Life, despite Display Names being around for years now. Only a small number of updated scripts will use your Display Name or your Username, as these are considered 'new' functions.

If you want something to use a Display Name or Username where it currently uses a Legacy Name, you will have to get the update from the creator of the script (assuming it's No Modify).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.