Fedoras and Hair

CagesAstern

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, so it's fairly obvious that wearing hats with hair is extremely difficult. I managed to reattach my hair in a different spot, shrink it and move into the scalp a bit and resize and rotate a pork pie hat so it fits. It looks almost perfect in that there is no hair poking through the hat but it is more hanging on the head rather than sitting on it like it normally would. However, the shape of a fedora makes repetition of this impossible without it looking ridiculous. I understand that the only way to really wear a fedora with hair is for them to be a single item. I've seen a few of these around, but I'm looking for a very specific hairstyle/colour that took me a while to find, which is making finding a fedora hat with that hair rather difficult.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Exile-Dustin-Wildcards/4364109

That is the hairstyle I'm looking for, namely with the Fern hair colour.

Do you know of any fedora + hair combinations that have a similar style + colour? I'd even settle on just a short hairstyle that was green at the very least. The alternative is that I pay someone to custom make this for me, are there any takers? If so, what would you charge?

OK, so it's fairly obvious that wearing hats with hair is extremely difficult. I managed to reattach my hair in a different spot, shrink it and move into the scalp a bit and resize and rotate a pork pie hat so it fits. It looks almost perfect in that there is no hair poking through the hat but it is more hanging on the head rather than sitting on it like it normally would. However, the shape of a fedora makes repetition of this impossible without it looking ridiculous. I understand that the only way to really wear a fedora with hair is for them to be a single item. I've seen a few of these around, but I'm looking for a very specific hairstyle/colour that took me a while to find, which is making finding a fedora hat with that hair rather difficult.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Exile-Dustin-Wildcards/4364109

That is the hairstyle I'm looking for, namely with the Fern hair colour.

Do you know of any fedora + hair combinations that have a similar style + colour? I'd even settle on just a short hairstyle that was green at the very least. The alternative is that I pay someone to custom make this for me, are there any takers? If so, what would you charge?

It's a real PITA and can take hours, but it's possible to give your avatar a "haircut" so that you can wear just about any hat with any hair.

1. Make a copy of your hair!

2. Wear the hair (copy) and the hat.

3. Go into edit mode, check Edit linked, and select the individual (hair) prims that are sticking through.

4. Shrink and/or move them.

As I said, it's a PITA and you'll get mixed results, but it can be done.

@GriffinCeawlin; thanks for the advice. I did it a different way and it didn't actually take that long but I'm not sure whether it was the hairstyle or the way I did it. I clicked Edit. Then I chose Select Face, clicked on a hair strand and used the up and down buttons on each X/YZ on Position/Size/Rotation to make them disappear and it turned out to work relatively well.

Someone whispered me IG with some advice and asked, if I got it to work, to post a picture up here. So here it is: https://my.secondlife.com/cagesastern

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.