What did I do.... (in blender 2.66a)

Rhys Goode

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I was making a model in blender, one part for which I made a mirror image copy, and a center part.  3 meshes, I joined them togeter into on mesh.  I assigned the mirrored parts to 2 different vertex groups, so I could do a bit of tweaking.

Well, I tweaked and I tweaked.  Saved and restarted the .blend file several times.  And suddenly I noticed that one of the original submeshes was staying pegged in object mode, staying in place when I tried moving the whole mesh.  When I switched to edit mode, everything looked fine, the whole mesh had the expected shape. But I could only move part of the mesh in object mode.  Eventually, I noticed that somehow, the orginal submesh, now a vertex group in the overall mesh object, the part that was nor moving witht he whole mesh, had become associated with an empty frame.  I deleted the empty frame, and now everything is working fine.

I have no idea how I accidentaly triggered this seemingly bizarre behavior.  I can think of a few things it might be useful for, if I knew how to control it, but I have no idea at all how it happened.

Any thoughts?

So, I was making a model in blender, one part for which I made a mirror image copy, and a center part.  3 meshes, I joined them togeter into on mesh.  I assigned the mirrored parts to 2 different vertex groups, so I could do a bit of tweaking.

Well, I tweaked and I tweaked.  Saved and restarted the .blend file several times.  And suddenly I noticed that one of the original submeshes was staying pegged in object mode, staying in place when I tried moving the whole mesh.  When I switched to edit mode, everything looked fine, the whole mesh had the expected shape. But I could only move part of the mesh in object mode.  Eventually, I noticed that somehow, the orginal submesh, now a vertex group in the overall mesh object, the part that was nor moving witht he whole mesh, had become associated with an empty frame.  I deleted the empty frame, and now everything is working fine.

I have no idea how I accidentaly triggered this seemingly bizarre behavior.  I can think of a few things it might be useful for, if I knew how to control it, but I have no idea at all how it happened.

Any thoughts?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.