Linking Different Sets of Ears and Eyes to My Avi HUD

ReiseVecks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use the Mango Berry Cougar mod for the Chinchilla Avatar. The mods includes different ears and tail from the Chinchilla Avi. I use separate eyes. I was wondering if there was a way to make the different parts work with my Chinchilla HUD? Controllable, I mean?

I use the Mango Berry Cougar mod for the Chinchilla Avatar. The mods includes different ears and tail from the Chinchilla Avi. I use separate eyes. I was wondering if there was a way to make the different parts work with my Chinchilla HUD? Controllable, I mean?

I am not familiar with that avi but in general,

• If the prims and scripts in them of the various pieces and the HUD are not modifiable, then no.
  • If the prims are modifiable but not the scripts but an API script came with the parts, then yes.
  • If both prims and scripts are modifiable, then yes if you know how to script or want to hire someone who does.
  • If the prims are modifiable and not the scripts then, yes IF you replace all the scripts with new ones written to accomplish what you want the parts of the avatar to do.  You could write your own scripts or hire someone to make custom scripts for you.

If you choose to hire a scripter you can post in the Inworld Employment section to find one.  However a good scripter is not going to come cheap, so be prepared to pay.

Perhaps someone more familier iwth the avatar can add more information or suggest something different.

Both have mod prims and one is the base avatar (the white one), the other contains replacement parts for a mod of that avatar.  You should have no problem combining the two as long as the pieces you want to substitute are separate. A notecard probably comes with the accessories explaining how, or it tells how in the instructions for the avatar.  The HUD most likely will also control the mod pieces just fine.

However I am not familiar with that specific avatar so if in doubt about if it is possible, you should ask the creator of the accessories..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.