Clear Chat spam

Takira Sukra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was doing some wandering around in a sim and an avatar appeared on top of me with a big smoke partical that continued the entire time.  I asked the individual to turn it off and then I noticed that I was receving Clear Chat spam.  I reported the individual and left the sim but the 'Clear Chat' spam continued.  This is what I did:

1.  Logged off and then logged back on.

2.  Changed outfits and attachments.

3.  Reset Default Female Avatar.

4.  Did a clean unistall/install of Firestrom.

5.  Logged in an alt on Firestorm and no issue with the alt.

I'm at a lost.

An update:

1.  Switched viewer and it still follows but it doesn't show up on screen but when I check Nearby Chat Conversations, whatever I write in nearby chat will show up and then disappear there.  So the Clear Chat span isn't showing up but the results are the same.

2.  I went back to the sim in which the issue started and immediately I was hit with the smoke bomb and I moved from the area and the smoke appears to be centered on me.  I also noticed what appeared to be a small box in between or attached to one of my legs.  I check Current Outfit and I don't see anything to indicate an attachment in that area.

Went back to the sim with an alt to tag along.  The smoke immediately shows up.  I turned off the particles and did find a square attached but when I look in Current Outfit, nothing showing up.  When I leave that sim, the square does not show up.  The item is named Part but after going through my inventory, I cannot find anything named Part.

Takira Sukra wrote:

Went back to the sim with an alt to tag along.  The smoke immediately shows up.  I turned off the particles and did find a square attached but when I look in Current Outfit, nothing showing up.  When I leave that sim, the square does not show up.  The item is named Part but after going through my inventory, I cannot find anything named Part.

It's not attached to you. It follows you.

Takira

Since Griffin is almost certainly right in stating that the spamming object is following rather than is attached to you, you might try blocking it in the item blacklist of the viewer.  Simply derendering it is unlikely to work so blocking it is the only thing that I can think of to help you.

The other thing that you might do is to find out the owner of the item in edit and AR (Abuse Report) them (in the viewer Help).

There seems to be a rash of griefing both of avatars and sims at the moment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.