Building an AO

Bombkirby

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes a free and empty AO! :D That's exactly what I need. I searched "AO maker" and "custom AO" on the martketplace and didn't really see anything, but I'll try again. I made a ton of animations myself but I'd like to put them into an AO. preferably transferable so I can give it away/sell it.

Bombkirby wrote:

Is there any sort of blank AO that people can buy to create an AO? Or is there no choice but to look up a tutorial and start building one from scratch? ^_^'

Most A/O's utilize the ZHAO scripts which are licensed under the GNU:

// Based on Francis Chung's Franimation Overrider v1.8

// This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify

// it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by

// the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or

// (at your option) any later version.

//

// This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,

// but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of

// MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the

// GNU General Public License for more details.

It has to remain free and open sourced under the license.

What most A/O providers do is build their own container (HUD) to place the scripts and animations  in. 

Building your own HUD to use the scripts in is actually probably much easier to do than working with the scripts.  There can be a lot of note card editing to get the scripts to work with your animations.

If you intend on using someone else's HUD to sell your A/O, make sure it is licensed for resell.

Don't worry people, I always check to see if something is allowed to be resold before using it.

I have edited Zhao AOs before and I'm highly clueless as a scriptor so I'm certain editing notecards will be easier. I'm simply trying to make an AO that replaces flying animations with some walking/running animations. I've tested the idea to a degree on a No-Transfer AO so now I'd like to try it out on a transferable AO is all. But as a grade F scripter and UI artist, I was trying to find a way other than scripting/making one from 100% scratch.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.