Cube with Hole Physics

xYasminahx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Box with whole.pngSo I have tried about 4 days now, to get this work, and had no luck, a friend of mine, tried to help me aswel, but it didnt solve my problem. I tried everything, and I really want some help. 

I am pretty new to Blender, but wanted to try anyways, because, I have to start somewhere :)

I had an idea of Building a small store for myself, and wanted an intrance like a Tunnel, so i builded a cube, and made 1 hole in it. Now my Problem is, I need to make the physics, and cant figure out how. I cant find any tutorials for Precise MY problem, and thats why I descided to ask here!

When I made Physics, and uploaded them, I either could walk through the "Walls" , or just walk Diagonal through the "Room" or i didnt even come in. What all isnt what I want. 

I just want a Cube with a hole, what i can walk into, without going through the walls!

Hope someone wants to help me out.  -And remember I am a Newbie :)

Sincerly Yas

From your description, it sounds as if you were encountering the defualt physics shape which is a convex hull made from the low LOD mesh. Or perhaps you were telling it to use a lower LOD mesh for the physics shape. These options don't usually work well, especially for hollow insides. Follow Aquila's instructions, especially reading the thread, and you should be successful. Also, don't rez it on top of yourself - that seems to make the whole thing phantom, for some strange reason.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.