''Login Failed. Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer. If you feel this is an error''

ZatannaZatara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My Second Life has been blocked, but Imprudence 1.3.0. worked better but my other viewer won't work, it says ''Login failed. Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer. If you feel this is an error, please support@secondlife.com''

What should i do if my second life is blocked? I want Firestorm viewer 

2 answers to this question

It's got nothing to do with your chosen viewer, you're blocked by either your hard disk serial number or your IP address.

Firstly, check the Email (and your Spam folder) to which your SL account is tied. Make sure you don't have any Emails from Linden Lab or Second Life Support.

Then, if you're on a dynamic IP address, restart your ADSL or cable router. People are often banned 'accidentally' due to IP address bans caused by someone else - LL does not care.

If neither yields results, you may have to contact Second Life support. Note that you can only appeal a ban by Email or in writing.

Hello ZatannaZatara,

that message "cannot be accessed from this computer" is the usual message that someone gets who has been hardware banned by Linden Lab.

In that case you would have received an email.

But if - like you said - you are able to login with Imprudence, then it's very likely that the hardware ban was in error because your avatar is still active.

So you should contact support directly and ask them to clarify your situation: https://support.secondlife.com/contact-support/

If support tells you that you are not banned, you can try logging in with the old Imprudence viewer, until your issue is figured out: http://wiki.kokuaviewer.org/wiki/Imprudence

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.