Texturing on a 3d model

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm beginning to do clothes so i wanted to make a shirt with an image on the shoulder.  The thing is, it touches front, back and arm of the UV layer, so i though to paste it directly on the 3d model shoulder. 

I put image over the place, create other layer for that on the material top, and Ctrl+E, a window pops up that says "could not edit texture(s) directly.  Please open the texture(s) and choose and editable target layer to proceed".  I don't know why is that, 'cause i have a selected layer to work on the image as i said..  But then i go to the material top and i got the image in every part of the UV layer that i wanted.  I move the 3d model and i got 2 images: one that it's merged on the 3d model and the second one that stays in the same spot. 

What i'm doing wrong?

should i delete that layer with the image that isn't merged to the 3d model? I did it, but i don't know if it has something to do with my document didn't saved.  The image wasn't there.

I try to put other image on the other shoulder and no changes on the material top.

All i wanted to do it's like the procedure with a tattoo that goes almost around the arm.  I couldn't find a tutorial that explain that.  I already saw the Robin Wood's tut,  but didn't help me about my issue.

The same happens if i want to do a corset that stretches on the sides of the bust, or the sides that doesn't match the textures.  I need to do it over the 3d model but i don't know how.  As i said, the Robin tut was awesome, but didn't get that part!

Can you help me please?

**Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://whos.amung.us/swidget/pluginta.png" border="0" />

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.