Zbrush 4.+ Material Baking

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys. I've been using Zbrush for a while, recently upgraded to 4.4.
And I've come into a bit of a problem.
When using the Material Baker script, I bake a shadow onto something, but it leaves horrendous pixelated lines, and doesn't bake the entire object, making it look horrific.
I've tried using Material Baker v2 aswell, and it's not even working. I realise it's meant for 3.1, before anyone states that.

Basically, what I'm asking is if there have been any updates to the Material Baker for Zbrush 4.4, or if there is an alternative to it, so I can bake shadows etc on my objects?

-Failius

yeah already tried there :/

I was hoping, that because the Script was made by a chap in SL that I would be able to get a better answer than the Zbrush forums.
All they seem to do is say "Oh hey, Have a Material plugin' that doesn't catch the lighting information I want/need.

Work done by the Zbrush mat baker plugin is going to be based on projecting Polypaint, which means that your model needs to have a beefy pixel-polygon ratio (lots of polys, think 2million +,  4million if you want 2048pixel textures).  Could that be part of the problem you're running into?  If polypaint doesn't have enough polys, it's going to wash out into "pixellation". Getting more polys as usual is easy enough, tap Ctrl-D until you're in the ballpark desired.

If still stuck, you could also look into using ZApplink projection baking, which will capture several views from the model and let you actually manually bake the shading and material layers in Gimp/Photoshop.  This manual approach, of course a bit more tedius, but allows you extra fine control because you can actually grab the layers Zbrush sends out (when in Photoshop) to a temporary psd document, and that way be able to composite any number of material passes together, with the added power of photoshop blendmodes and filters to help you tweak the look to perfection.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.