Looking for a Serious Builder for a Car Project

SoniaStrummFan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone. I have a car I'd like to have made in SL, and I'm looking for a serious builder to commission. When I say "serious", I mean someone who is not only capable of building the car, but who will also actually complete the project. I have already tried twice to commission builders to make it, and the first charged me L$15000, made the wrong car, delayed the project, said he couldn't complete the project, and made off with my Lindens. The second builder began the project, but abruptly stopped it and cut off contact with me. So when I say "serious", I mean someone who is able to take on the job, start and finish he job, someone who won't half-ass it so they can make make a quick and easy Linden, and who won't simply take my money and bail on me. Of course I'll be paying this builder for their services, but only is they are serious about taking the job. Also, because of past events, I will not pay the full price in advance. I will pay whoever it is that takes on the project half of the payment in advance, then pay them the other half once the project is finished. I'd like to pay whoever takes this job the full price in advance, but due to my current financial situation, I simply can't afford to keep shelling out huge sums of Lindens only to have people swindle me. my current price range that I can afford to pay is L$15000 to L$20000. I may be able to go as high as L$25000 to L$30000, but only if the builder can make the car look as much like it does in real life as possible. So if anyone out there is a serious builder who can take on the job, or knows a serious builder I can turn to, please post a reply. I will go over the full specifics of the project with whomever it is that takes it. The project is a navy or sapphire blue 2002 Chrysler Sebring Lxi Convertible Limited. Due to copywrite laws, if someone takes on this project, they most likely will be unable to use the Chrysler name or logo, which is perfectly fine with me so long as the car resembles it's real life counterpart. I am very set on the car being built specifically as the 2002 Chrysler Sebring Lxi Convertible Limited. Meaning I am not looking to have a more recent 2012 or 2013 Chrysler Sebring Lxi Convertible Limited. I am set on the 2002 model. Below are a couple of reference pictures of the car. I will provide however many are needed for whomever takes on the project. Please note that I can't build or script in SL, and that is why I'm looking to commission someone who can for their help.32761558.jpg

.aset16.jpg

Do you have Chrysler's permission for this?  If not you might not want to pay for something that could get deleted and you banned from SL and sued in RL.  (This is highly unlikely to happen, it must be said, but you should be aware that stealing someone else's design is illegal).

[ETA for below: as long as you do that you should be pretty safe, in the unlikely event that Chrysler noticed or objected anyway.  Just making sure you cover yourself.  Good luck.]

I am aware of this. However, assuming someone takes on the project, I will be making a point that the Chrysler name and logo not be used. That being said, following those guidelines, I fail to see how it would be any more illegal than any of the other cars in SL that are made in the distinct likeness of the vehicle but do not use the actual vehicle or manufacturer's name for the product.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.