Intel HD4000 Integrated Graphics seams to work again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Months ago, I started having issues with running Second Life on my laptop. I've only got the Intel integrated (HD4000) graphics. Granted this isn't exactly ideal for Second Life but I only really need it when traveling. The issues involved flickering of the screen. in-world object distortion, and some strange coloring issues on menus and buttons in the view. Something I called a "rainbow" effect on buttons.

Since there was/is a mandatory viewer update imminent, I upgraded my laptop. The visual issues remained. I noticed Intel has a recent update to their video drivers and there is a discussion about Second Life on the Intel forums. So, I upgraded the video drivers too.

I got 2 nice surprises. First, the flickering and rainbow effects are gone (yes!) and secondly, I'm getting about 5fps faster rendering on the viewer than I was before the driver upgrade.

I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 64-bit with the 64-bit Intel graphics driver version 9.18.10.3071. Second Life client version 3.6.1 (278007).

• 2 months later...

Sadly, I've been unable to make the update to my Intel HD Graphics 4000 drivers, thanks to HP's proprietary drivers. D:

I'm stuck at version 9.17.10.2857 from November 2012, and they have yet to release their version of Intel's current version 9.17.10.3071.  I'm running into the same exact rainbow effect and flickering, except HP is preventing me from fixing the issue. :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.