Problem of accessing to SL through VPS via IPv6 tunnel

torbai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello anybody in SL

My local network is horrible that many IPv4 sites can not be accessed. Luckily, I can use IPv6.

I bought a VPS to get rid of this bad local network via SSH. Unfortunately, the IP of my VPN is still inaccessible. So I use he.net IPv6 tunnel to make my VPS accessible. I also started a local SSH(which generates a local port 127.0.0.1:7070) to let the network traffic go through my VPS, via IPv6 tunnel of course,  so I can be access to most websites in the world now(with firefox, socks 5 protocol).

Here is the problem. When I try to start Second Life in the same way, it says proxy server denied. So I have no idea about how to deal with the proxy settings.

I wish anybody who has knowledge and/or has the same experience of doing this could help me.

Thank you in advance.

PS: this is how I access to the Internet:     firefox, socks 5 -> SSH, 127.0.0.1:7070 -> IPv6 tunnel -> my VPS -> the site I want

I want to use the same way to start SL, but in vain.

You need to have socks5 all the way to IP4 beore the lab, you can't have it flipping to normal IP to you VPS then to LL.

Why? The IPv6 tunnel part of your network is not tunnelling the UDP packets most likely.

You could use SSH to chain the tunnelling through both servers and come out of the VPS. That would then proxy.

http://sshmenu.sourceforge.net/articles/transparent-mulithop.html

Or it's probably better and easier getting your local network fixed so you don't need to do such contortions. Likely just use google's name cache or opendns. (or don't use your work/school/forces network)

• 1 month later...

Hello Gentlemen,

I'm having a major problem in accessing SL,it's not opening the SL window I keep getting this response that says " do not directly start Second life in a small box and I can't figure out what nor why it's bringing this up. I didn't do anything that I know of that made this happen. Please help. Thank you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.