Continual Freezing/Crashing

AdisonCarter21

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alright.. everytime I've logged onto SL, it's been acting perfectly fine. About five minutes after logging on, however, my avatar freezes (all other avatar around me are still moving and I can still hear sound). After a few minutes of remaining frozen, it crashes, of course. :\ Whenever I log back on, I'm a cloud and still frozen. I then exit out of the viewer, log back on, and it's fine again for approx. five minutes, then repeats the same process over and over again.

I'm using the updated Firestorm Viewer (4.4.1) and I am on an HP desktop with plenty of memory on it for SL. It's been doing this process for a little over three days now, but before that, it ran perfectly. Any ideas of what could be wrong?

It`s a problem a "specific" prim being cached

I had the same issue and it took me some time to find out why my client started to freeze suddently, after derendring the culprits, the issue is gone (at home)
On a very very rare occasion it happens when i`m some where and there is another troubling prim causing freezes, ontop of this, the problem isn`t affecting every one in range/view of the object(s) so it really comes down to trouble shooting yourself

One thing i know from own and other expiriences, it`s a mesh object *somewhere*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.