How do go about contacting Lindens for help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've had nothing but password issues since I first tried to come one here a year ago.  I write them down, they work a while then they won't.  If I click to reset my password it brings me here to the forum where again I am ask for the password that no longer works.

As a result I have had to change my name 3 or 4 times and lost Linden dollars that were left of my old account.

How do I create and where do I create a help ticket to contact them.  This is so frustrating.  I don't like the U2 on my current name as MariahWhispers is my other username where my other money is now.  I need to get hold of them to get either my Linden dollars switched to this username or get my pain MarahWhispers name back.

All else being normal, upon creating an account you are asked for an email address (unless things have changed recently and I can't imagine why they would). Just go to http://secondlife.com and click on Login. The login screen includes an option to say you forgot your login information. You do need to know your corrrect username, of course. If you click on the 'forgot login information' option you can step through a couple of capchas and get a password (temporary or original I don't know) sent to the email address you used to create the account. That should get you back in business.

If you've forgotten what email you used, you might be able to get help from support (the instructions on how to contact support are in a post at the very top of this Forum page). Don't know if they'll give you the information or not, but I'm pretty sure that's your only recourse.

This is exactly what I did back then at that time upon time again as I have this time.  It does not give me a place to reset my password but continues to ask me to login again which of course I cannot do.  No change of email address.  The last time this happened I somehow managed to find out how to create a help ticket and I don't recall how I did that.  It took them about 10 times communicating back and forth before they could finally figure out what was wrong on their end and they fixed it for me. 

I need to get into my MariahWhispers account so that I can transfer my money here to her and get rid of MiriahWhispers2U.

Somehow we're not communicating here. I logged out of the Forum, deleted my browsing history, closed my browser, and restarted my PC, just to make sure I was seeing the screens without cookies getting ahead of me.

When I went to the Second Life link I posted earlier, I came to this Login screen, as usual. I didn't even bother entering my name (which as it turns out is not necessary), but simply clicked on the indicated 'forgot' link.

Login One.jpg

Clicking that link took me here:

Login Two.jpg

I didn't capture the entire screen but as it turns out you don't even need to know your username—all you need know is the email address you used on signup (if you used the same addy for more than one avatar presumably LL will note that). No, it doesn't give you a place to 'reset your password'. It DOES give you a place to to start getting things fixed.

As to how to open a support ticket: I will point out once again that if you will just look to the top of this page you will see a thread titled "How To Contact Support". It's right here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/How-to-Contact-Support/m-p/1286925/highlight/true#M42351 . If you really do need to open a support ticket, that's the place to find out where and how.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.