Male Mesh Shirts

Lowden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have bought alot of male mesh T-shirts and one thing i have noticed with alot of them is in the front...it is small...you have have pretty much no stomach but in the back or rear it is like they made it so a male avatar needs a large rump to fill it...i am just curious as to why creators make them that way...

• 2 weeks later...

Most creators follow the Standard Size shapes given here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Standard-Sizing-Package-Updated-Male-Female/2894727 . Apparently the vast majority of avatars are made with large posteriors and flat fronts. I honestly don't know why, and as a creator I have wondered about this myself. However, as a creator of mesh clothing I find it best to stick to the Standard Sizes, regardless of my personal views on the posterior, because it fits more avatars. This is where having deforming mesh would really come in handy, but LL seems to have stopped working on that, or something prohibits it's continued work to be released.

Now, I know of one mesh creator that seems to make men's clothing WITH a flat posterior. I understand that this helps more shirts to fit better with the pants, but just wearing the pants alone or with a system layer shirt makes it look rather silly. And then unfortunately the shirts they make to fit these flat posteriors only work with the pants they make. Unfortunately, it's all creators can work with. We have to work around the problems the best to our ability, and making it fit with other creators' meshes is darn right near impossible unless you try to stick to the Standard Sizes. Our hands are kind of tied. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.