Help - 'Baked' Textures & Planar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All!

I am pretty novice in creating textures but have a rudimentary knowledge of GIMP and how to create textures (plain colour) that look shadowed ('Baked'?) at the edges. the problem I have is with other texture patterns, that are on multiple faces  and being able to do the same (darker at the edges with a faded blur). For example the exterior walls of my house. I have aligned them all the way around with Planar settings, but what I would like to do is take the base texture to GIMP, and for each wall prim, based on the Planar settings, create an individual texture with the baked shading ... but I have no idea where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated either here or via a personal class inworld <grins>

Thanks in advance!

Wanda

A shaded texture is not a baked texture.  A baked texture is a texture created for a specific individual surface of a build to simulate such details as light cast from windows or light fixtures or shadows cast from other prims or for use on sculpts or mesh when normal textures would distort.  You can not use planar settings with a baked texture.

Why are you using Planer settings on your walls?  Are you using traditional prims or something else for your walls?  If you are using regular prims, it is not necessary to use planer settings unless you have distorted the prim in such a way as the texture distorts, such as tapering a box prim to use as a gable. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.