How to make a quadruped mesh rigged ?

Lembourne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, Lembourne;

Importing a rigged horse is not different from importing any other rigged mesh. You learn the basics of Avastar here:

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avastar/reference/create-a-character/

This reference guide also contains 2 videos which describe visually how to make a simple character based on Avastar, how to export it and how to import it to Second Life.

Importing the Quadruped only involves to additionally import the joints together with the mesh. I admit that this detail is not mentioned in the Video. I will fix that.

I hope this helps. If not, please tell more details about where the documentation is not convenient enough. I am eager to improve.

Gaia your answer helped me so, I imported the mesh with the joints and had success.
At the end of your video "rigging the horse" you talk about "Non humanoid creature creation for second ilfe" where and how do I get this stuff?

• 2 weeks later...

A free and cheap way to do it is to rig your avatar with any software you want. Sadly Secondlife would't allow you yet to use custom bones ( that's a shame ) so you have to tricky adapt the sl standard bones to that quadruped.

Once you've done this you can use any animation software to make crawling animations-like

maya ( too expensive but the best) , poser, or the free alternative that is DAZ studio ( I guess that changing the bones name you can also automatically rig) I did an experiment and it recognized its Dae format like maya ( I mean there was the skin tickable as for any other rigged mesh) of course It didn't play animations cause I was too lazy to change the bones names.

When I have time and a beter pc than the one I use in the location I moved for the moment I'll let you know better.

otherwise make a test you too that software is really intuitive.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.