Firestorm glitch or windows 8???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a new desktop computer with windows 8. I downloaded Firestorm and when I logged into my house not everything was showing up...meaning some objects were indeed invisible...stairs, floor, etc. I tried relog more  than once; didn't help. I was wondering if it is a Firestorm glitch or windows 8 hates SL...something like that. I've been looking so forward to this day; a SL compatible computer. Sure the water and all looks absolutely gorgeous but now I am having other issues. What viewer is best to run SL?

Thank you for any help you have to offer.

Windows 8 is innocent for this one and Firestorm is no more guilty than any other viewer currently. There has been a longstanding problem with all current viewers not displaying some items when you first enter an area, especially if you've been there before. There was recently a change to the server software that made this problem more apparent. The fix for it is in the current Linden Lab viewer beta so it will be in Firestorm once they pick up that code change and release a revised viewer. In the meantime you can make things appear by either right-clicking on objects you know should be there or doing something that forces your viewer to redraw things - a quick way is to hit Ctrl-Shift-R, which will temporarily put you in "wireframe" view. Hitting that key combination again will turn it back off and everything will be visible.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.