Sculpty "V" Mesh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

Please excuse my ignornace here but i need confirmation on a few things im not sure about with regard to creating mesh items.  Firstly:

I have just downloaded blender 2.66a and will be tearing my hair out soon trying to learn how to use it but how do you go about starting to make a mesh object as opposed to a sculpted object in blender?  Is there a button you press in the menu before you start that defines mesh or sculpty or is it just a case of the type of file that you save your creation under that determines wether the object is mesh or sculpty ?

Secondly if i am creating a mesh object would i still need to download primstar and python or are these just used to make the upload of sculped items into second life more easy?

Apologies if im appearing a bit dim here :)

Thanks for any replies

Unless you are going to be making sculpted objects, you do not have to use the primstar add-on.

Go to the Add menu, at the top,  and add a mesh object of your choice. 

I think Gaia has some mesh tutorials on the website.  Jason Walsh has a nice beginning Blender course on Itunes University, but is not geared to SL specifically.  Check out Builders Brewery for Blender classes.

When you have made your mesh, just select it, do File/Export/Collada and then choose "Second Life Rigged" or "Second Life Static" from the "Operator Presets" dropdown, depending on which it is. The Collada exporter is now part of Blender and doesn't use Python or an addon. Try it with a cube until you get the hang of it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.