Bot creation with Metabolt / Metanomy

salmon2003

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am absolutely new to SL. Do not have any clue about how to build anything. No knowledge of scripting, sculpting. Do not even know exactly what "prim" is.

I want to start here and reach a point where I can create bots on a sim that sit on a sofa, cuddle, do bicycling etc etc. I am told it is possible with Metabolt. I downloaded and installed it but could not figure out exactly how to do it, presumably because I do not know the prerequisites also.

Now, I want to know where I should start. Which software I need to learn first. And then which next and so on. Also, if I can get links to tutorials to those softwares.

So what advice do veterans have for a noob with big ambitions?!

Thanks

Shiv (salmon2003)

Strictly speaking, this is a Metabolt question, not a scripting question.

Metabolt is a viewer - and you have a range of options to control the avatar that you log in with Metabolt. Additionally there are plug-ins for Metabolt to give you more options. Metanomy is such a plug-in for moving the avatar. Read the documentation of both Netabolt and Mtanomy, then log in n avatar and play with it  to find out what you can do.

salmon2003 wrote:

I am absolutely new to SL. Do not have any clue about how to build anything. No knowledge of scripting, sculpting. Do not even know exactly what "prim" is.

So what advice do veterans have for a noob with big ambitions?!

If you're looking for how LSL affects a Metabolt bot (or an Actorbot, or an NN Staffing Bot, etc.) the LSL command you'll need to be familiar with is llInstantMessage.  That's the only way to get LSL-API commands from inworld scripts to your bot.

You'll be starting out a number of your bot scripts like this....

key botuuid = "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000";string MD5edpassword = "000000aaaaaa000000aaaaaa000000aaaaaa";string commandID = "ned00x00-0000-000x-xxx0";string action = "|MOVETO|walk|";string botmessage;

The botuuid is pretty self explanatory, this is the avatar you're sending the commands to.  The MD5ed password shows that the object/avatar sending the command is authorized to request the bot perform some action.  The commandID lets the bot know that the IM message they got is not idle chitchat, but a request they do something like move, announce something in chat or teleport.  The action tells the bot what to do.  The string botmessage should combine the strings and send it, via llInstantMessage, to the avatar specified in the key botuuid.  The message in the script will look something like this...

llInstantMessage (botuuid, commandID + "|" + MD5edpassword + action + "127|129|23");

Take a look at some of the sample scripts from Luke's place at http://slurl.com/Vilmarh/115/149/80/, and take some time to try out some of the things you can do without scripting with Metanomy.  Metanomy is nice to plot out movement (like a rough draft) but you'll eventually want to learn how to script some of those basic actions into inworld scripts. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.