Uploaded Textures Disappeared from Inventory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I uploaded some textures on April 11.  Then I textured some objects with them.  Today the textures are gone.  Although the objects rendered fine with the LL viewer until I cleared cache.

So that's the bad news.

The good news is the new TPVs I was testing really aren't broken like I thought they were.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

hello Qwal !

some other pp have noticed the same issue as yours and it seems that the textures are going in the "lost and found" folder. You should check there :smileyhappy:

hi Trinity

Unfortunately not there either.  I've had this happen before.  Objects I had rezzed in world later lost their textures.  One texture I've had to re-upload three times because it keeps vanishing from inventory.  It was more puzzling because they would seem to come and go.  Now it seems I have to be careful about cache contents making it seem that things still exist when they're actually gone from the database.  Which makes it difficult to know somethings gone unless I clear cache daily.

Or I might just be confused.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Qwal - are you sure you didn't upload your textures as
TEMPORARY
and then forget you did that... cuz it was like over ten days ago.

I really don't think that's what happened.  I have been using the Firestorm but this morning I took a photo of the fully textured object using the LL viewer... and it was fine with that..The LL viewer doesn't do temporary textures - right?

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

I really don't think that's what happened.  I have been using the Firestorm but this morning I took a photo of the fully textured object using the LL viewer... and it was fine with that..The LL viewer doesn't do temporary textures - right?

It doesn't have the upload hack, but it can display them fine. Temp textures are really part of the legacy avatar baking system, so you need them to see avatars at the moment.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Qwal - are you sure you didn't upload your textures as
TEMPORARY
and then forget you did that... cuz it was like over ten days ago.

I think you're right Qwal.  It has local or inventory.  I'm sure you never ventured into using local.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

It doesn't have the upload hack, but it can display them fine. Temp textures are really part of the legacy avatar baking system, so you need them to see avatars at the moment.

Ahah!  I tried to tell Qwal he'd screwed up. (temporarily)

Thanks Cerise.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.