Freelance photographers

Tamara Artis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For a while now I am reading applications and hiring photographers to work in my studio, and I can tell you its hard! We started as a group who's main goal was to give the best possible work we can, I know I spend hours editing a single snapshot. Others do same, so we end up having nothing but satisfied clients who tell all their friends about it! Its a great feeling to make people happy like that, to make them come back for more and bring their friends in! There is one more result, one by one we all get burned out. People want the best, you give the best and it just goes on lol. Atm there are long lists of clients who wait their turn and the place got closed for a while. All that because we had too many bookings and not enough staff.

So I am trying to hire new people and as I said, its hard. First because not all of them are here to give their best, most have tons of other stuff to do, and then there are some who are still trying to polish their skills. As a studio owner I have to make sure we are all somewhere on the same level, I have to be careful because prices we charge are not small, and our clients want the best for the price paid. 

But I still remember when I started, and I see people who just need a chance, a place where they can meet, talk with other photographers and get some clients. And I want to give them that chance. 

That being said, I decided to try a new concept in photography business and let freelance photographers take some of the work we have. Our regular photographers are on vacation and we go freelancing! Yaaay. Now just let me explain how its going to work.

First, there are 2 types of freelancers, basic and pro where basic members will be able to advertise themselves in our place and get booked by anyone who comes in while pro members are going to get access to everything.

By everything I mean:

• use the photo studio
  • post their photos in our galleries
  • use our preview area
  • be included on our website
  • get access to our Flick page and be able to post their photos there
  • get access to our Facebook page
  • get training and help to make them stand out
  • get notified on every visitor

There is a group for freelance photographers and from there we are going to choose the best ones and include them in our regular staff group once we come back to full time work. Until that happens, any photographer who decides to join us in this adventure is getting a chance to book as many clients as possible, and charge any price. Remember, PSP is in top 5 of Second Life search results all the time and with average of 30-40 visitors per day there is enough work for everyone interested.

For start I placed 6 boards and anyone can take them. You have to join Pure Shot Photography group in order to occupy them. Group is free to join and I will give you proper tags. Every board allows you to put up to 5 textures inside (slideshow), up to 5 notecards (don't forget to place your price list), your own group, object and a website. 

Each board will give you infos on touch and instructions on how to load your items inside. I wish you all good luck and see you at PSP!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Swept%20Away%20Isles/61/31/21

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.