I dont see hair mesh!

Moneiba

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Foro-en-espa%C3%B1ol/U-u-no-veo-los-mesh/td-p/1927495

Hi all, as always thanks in advance and for reading this!

Well my problem is that I do not know if the internet connection or ...
I have hair mesh and I can only see the following brands: Elikatira, Exile, Magika, Lelutka, CatwA, Takeomi, Easter Coma.
And I want to know because I can not see the hair mesh from DeLa * and Truth?
I also add that I can not see the mesh structures such as: houses, etc ...
Is the connection to the Internet, viewfinder or what? Please I need an answer and if I'm the only one that this happens.
Thanks in advance.

PS: My visor is the Firestorm

That is...really weird. Mesh is mesh is mesh. It doesn't really matter what the brand is, there is nothing anyone could be doing to their mesh to make you not be able to see it. Unless you bought something "defective". A bad product, that is to say.

Could you provide your computer specs?

Computadora:
Tipo de computadora ACPI x64-based PC (Mobile)
Sistema operativo Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack del sistema operativo [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Internet Explorer 9.10.9200.16521
DirectX DirectX 11.0
Nombre de la computadora MONEIBA-PC
Nombre de usuario Moneiba
Dominio de inicio de sesión [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Fecha / Hora 2013-04-07 / 12:00

Motherboard:
Tipo de CPU DualCore Intel Core i3 520M, 2400 MHz (18 x 133)
Nombre del motherboard Desconocido
Chipset del motherboard Intel Ibex Peak-M HM55, Intel Ironlake-M
Memoria del sistema [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DIMM1: A-Data AD73I1B1674EU 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz) (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz)
DIMM3: A-Data AD73I1B1674EU [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Tipo de BIOS AMI (12/16/09)

Monitor:
Placa de video ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 Series (512 MB)
Placa de video ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 Series (512 MB)
Aceleradora 3D ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530/4570 (M92)
Monitor Monitor PnP genérico [NoDB]

Multimedia:
Placa de sonido ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Placa de sonido Realtek ALC269 @ Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [b-2]

Almacenamiento:
Controlador IDE Intel® 5 Series 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller
Disco rígido SAMSUNG S5570I Card USB Device
Disco rígido WDC WD5000BEVT-35A0RT0 (465 GB, IDE)
Disco óptico TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633J
Estado SMART de los discos rígidos OK

Particiones:
C: (NTFS) [ TRIAL VERSION ]
D: (NTFS) 266.7 GB (177.1 GB libre)
Tamaño total [ TRIAL VERSION ]

Dispositivos de entrada:
Teclado Teclado PS/2 estándar
Mouse ELAN PS/2 Port Input Device
Mouse Mouse compatible con HID

Red:
Dirección IP primaria [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Dirección MAC primaria 00-24-54-D9-A8-9F
Placa de red Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter
Placa de red Marvell Yukon 88E8040 Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (192. [ TRIAL VERSION ])
Módem SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem

Periféricos:
Impresora Fax
Impresora Microsoft XPS Document Writer
Controlador USB2 Intel Ibex Peak PCH - USB 2.0 EHCI Controller 1 [b-2]
Controlador USB2 Intel Ibex Peak PCH - USB 2.0 EHCI Controller 2 [b-2]
Dispositivo USB Dispositivo compuesto USB
Dispositivo USB Dispositivo de almacenamiento USB
Dispositivo USB Dispositivo de entrada USB
Dispositivo USB Generic USB Hub
Dispositivo USB Generic USB Hub
Dispositivo USB SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device
Dispositivo USB SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem
Dispositivo USB WebCam SCB-0350M
Batería Adaptador de CA de Microsoft
Batería Batería compuesta de Microsoft
Batería Batería con método de control compatible con ACPI de Microsoft

DMI:
DMI Fabricante del BIOS American Megatrends Inc.
DMI Versión del BIOS 03KP.M008.20100927.LDG
DMI Fabricante del sistema SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
DMI Nombre del sistema R540/R580/R780/SA41/E452/E852
DMI Versión del sistema 03KP
DMI Número de serie del sistema [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DMI UUID del sistema [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DMI Fabricante del motherboard SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
DMI Nombre del motherboard R540/R580/R780/SA41/E452/E852
DMI Versión del motherboard 03KP
DMI Número de serie del motherboard [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DMI Fabricante del chasis SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
DMI Versión del chasis N/A
DMI Número de serie del chasis [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DMI Identificador del chasis [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DMI Tipo de chasis LapTop

Hello,

your graphic specs are okay so far. Eventho Mobility cards (Laptop cards) are known to have issues with games and engines in some cases.

That you can see some mesh hairs, but not all might be a hint that it is one of the knwon mesh issues of firestorm (see link*) 

- have a look here: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/seeing_worn_mesh (*)

This link also points out all knwon issues with mesh failing to render, and  - if existing - solutions how to fix it.

Also since you are obviously using a laptop, are you possibly connected via WIFI ? In that case switch to´'cable' and connect your laptop directly to your router.

Wifi is known to have big troubles with SL. And also in general it's not a good solution for playing games or running environments and engines with heavy graphical content and a lot data being transfered back and forth.

If  you are connected by cable to your Router, and none of the issues discribed in this firestorm wiki appears to be one of your problems, you might want to try and ensure your graphic drivers are on the latest version.

Well, I see no open complaints for your GPU and your hardware seems sufficient.

Do you have any screenshots of what appears to be happening in game when you try to res these objects? I mean, are they there, but just aren't visible?

Edit: Codewarrior, i guess we wake up at about the same time, then.

It's possible that the hair meshes that are failing to rez up for you are too heavily detailed in their geometry. I can't be sure on specific brands or instances, but I have had the same issue myself with some hair demos etc, or that worn by people around me - they will either not rez up at all, or only partially. The partially rezzed up hair meshes, when I have inspected them in wireframe mode, have generally been hugely heavy in their polygon counts - and on my less-than-perfect internet connection appear to "time out" before rezzing up properly.

Again, I can't be sure on specific brands etc, but this might be the reason. I have seen a lot of merchants who don't appear to have a clue about proper mesh optimisation for SL, and they just go insane with their geometry. Hugely slow to load, and a big drain on render framerates as well.

(As an example, I recently made the mistake of buying a pair of mesh boots without trying a demo first (expensive too, ouch!). These would have to be a record breaker in regards to the heaviest item of mesh clothing I have so far come across... each individual boot weighed in at nearly 500 Land Impact EACH - seriously! On my 4096m2 plot, I wouldn't have been able to rez out the both of them! And people who wear monsters like these often whine about SL being laggy, LOL).

So yah, possibly your issue is down to the overly complex geometry of the hair meshes. Also worth trying, especially for buildings and objects that fail to rez up, is to try RIGHT-CLICKING where you think they are (often they will then pop into view) - I have that problem sometimes, and I suspect it might be a viewer specific issue.

:matte-motes-smile:

• Like 1

These would have to be a record breaker in regards to the heaviest item of mesh clothing I have so far come across... each individual boot weighed in at nearly 500 Land Impact EACH - seriously! On my 4096m2 plot, I wouldn't have been able to rez out the both of them! And people who wear monsters like these often whine about SL being laggy, LOL).

Those have to be the ones i read a few days ago about. i am not sure anymore who posted that  it was stated that customers requested him/her to make boots of hilarious high polygon count, just to be able to say : we have the highest detailed shoes on the market! *shakes head* lol 

For the life of me i can not find this thread again. Maybe the person sees this and comments on it. Then you both can have a laugh together ; )

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.