I'm using Windows XP, 2002, Pentium 4 3.2GHz and NVIDEA GT 220 1GB.

shelteringsky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Over the last week to ten days, there has been heavy lag and very slow resolution plus a lot of crashing. I'm wondering if I'm using the best system and graphics card. Much appreciated if anyone has a suggestion.

I'm using Windows XP, 2002, Pentium4 3.2GHz and NVIDEA GT 220 1GB graphics card

2 answers to this question

"...

I'm wondering if I'm using the best system and graphics card.

..."

---------------------------------------------------------

No and no.

Operating system using technology that is pushing 15 years.........soon to become obsolete when Microsoft pulls all support for it.  Pentium 4 CPU's are over 15 years technology (Dual Core, Core 2, and now i series are more recent making that P4 four generations tech old).  Your GPU is 3 years old and when it was brand new it was a low end card (second from the lowest performance card of the series......only the 210 card was lower in performance).  That's a pretty old system and when it was brand new it wouldn't have been particularly powerful enough to run SL well.  Back when the SL viewers were based on the old 1.23 code that computer might have faired okay (not excellent, but okay)........SL is way too much for that system today though.

• Like 1

Sudden lag, crashing and slow rezzing sound like connection issues to me. You might want to reset your router, just unplug it, leave it for a couple of minutes and plug it back in.

Your computer is on the slow side, but if you add a better video card it should be plenty for SL at medium settings when in a sim that's not packed with avatars. Something like a second hand NVidia 9600 GT or 9800 GT should be enough and very affordable at 25 or so bucks. Don't expect any fireworks of course.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.