Not even "stop avatar animations" is helping me stop dancing. HELP.

Anitya Leclerc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I hopped on a pole and started dancing. Logged out while dancing on the pole. Logged back in later, was still dancing. OK. Not unusual. Choosing stop avatar animations from the menu didn't help; the animation would stop for a bit, then start right back up again. I went back to the pole, sat on it again, hopped off. Fixed... or so I thought until I logged off and logged back in again. I was dancing again! And no amount of "stop avatar animations" will help! There has to be another fix other than going back to the same dance pole and sitting on it every time I log in. This is bizarre, and I've never seen anything like it!

7 answers to this question

Hi Anitya.

Is this happening when you log back into a different sim to the one where the pole is?

Have you tried /1stop or /99stop while beside the pole? These are the usual chat stop commands for dances.

When using Stop All Animations, teleport to another sim then activate that option, don't do it where the pole is. If you use it while beside the pole, I believe it will pick you up again when it starts a new sequence.

You could also ask the pole owner to reset the pole. If all else fails, that should stop you dancing.

It rather sounds as if the pole is holding onto its animation permissions, which it shouldn't after you get up.   But that only makes sense if you are the only person who ever uses it.   Try contacting whoever owns the pole and asking them to reset the scripts in it.   That will clear all permissions it's holding.

You might, I suppose, try asking a friend to use the pole.  That should certainly release its permission to animate you, though it might leave your friend stuck.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.