Using a iPod touch to help make Mesh

Torrington Garnet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've watched many videos on mesh and Blendr, but haven't really done anything. I had a question though. There is an app on my ipod touch called Microsoft Photosynth. This program essentially takes panorama's and creates a 3D image from it. My question is if I could take this program and create files to then send from my iPod to my computer and convert in Blendr to touch up and then upload to SL? I want to use this as a means of recording styles and then implimenting my own makeover on the actual rendering. I'm just curious if this is an easy method of transfering the file.

I'm...not entirely sure what you're wanting to do here, but there is a very simple answer to your question:

If Photosynth can export .objs or collada files, then you absolutely could import those files into Blender. What would actually appear in Blender? I have no clue -- I'm not sure this is something anyone has done before.

If it's an object with mesh data, UVs and image textures, then you could touch up any of those things to your heart's content.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. I've never heard of this program.

• Like 1

Thank you both for replying. Yes, it's much like just a quickview. So possibly use the panaroma as a texture to wrap around a 3D shape created in Blender? If that's the case I'll have to touch up on my 3D creating. It's simple to wrap the texture, but I'd still need to actually create the item which is something I need work on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.