Is World>Region/Estate>Debug Disable Scripts safe?

Innula Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There's a tool accessible to sim owners and estate managers, in World>Region/Estate>Debug, "Disable Scripts".

According to the wiki,

Disable Scripts - Disables all running scripts on the island. If a script is causing issues, but cannot be reached to be disabled, disabling all scripts will allow the estate manager to get to the object containing the script which is causing the issue and return it to its owner, then re-enable all running scripts on the island

and I was very tempted to use it recently when dealing with quite a nasty griefing attack (someone seemed to have discovered a cache of old PN toys and set them all off at once on my sim).

However, I didn't use it, because I remembered reading this, in the old jira: SVC 4134, Disabling Scripts on a No Modify Object cannot be re-enabled by any means, User or Estate Manager. (No Mod Objects Permanently Broke).

I'm not sure that it's still the case, since at some of the recent Firestorm open meetings I think they've disabled scripts for the whole sim and then turned them back on later, but I'm not sure and I wasn't going to take the risk of breaking a lot of my, and other people's, stuff.

Can anyone confirm, though, for future reference if this option is safe to use or not?

ETA:  I have been informed in another place that this setting is safe; it's the one can reach via the top scripts window that's the dangerous one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.