latest LL viewer not loading and connecting in windows 7

zzzjen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

my LL viewer cant finish loading and connect to sl. i have tried an older version and it loads and connects but then wants to install updates and restart, then on restart it cant finish loading ...can anyone help?

2 answers to this question

A very common problem is that many firewalls will see every new version of SL as a new entry. Thus you need to define a new rule / allowing it to access internet. or check if there is a blocked entry in your firewall's event log and set it to trusted application. (same goes for antivirus software check those too in case they blocked the SL viewer)

Mine also keeps regularly blocking every new version of SL that i am installing/ updating to.

When you are on it also make sure to allow the slvoice.exe again. The voice service also keeps getting blocked often after updates.

Also as usual try to clear your cache (preferences) and restart SL to remove former cache files that could cause this issue.

Another possible fix: if the above didnt help, the problem could be conflicting data and settings files within the SL folders itself. In that case try to uninstall SL completely, manually remove all left over folders from the install directory and then install the latest version fresh from scratch.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.