deeper "ocean"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 3 weeks later...

When you say your land borders the ocean, do you mean the “Void Sea”, the water that appears where there is no SIM to simulate anything? If so here is a completely crazy odd-ball solution:

The Void Sea is VERY DEEP. I once built a steam punk submarine that carried me 300 meters down there. After around only 20 meters down it gets very dark and difficult to see anything, but I recall that full-bright and glowing prims faired better. I never experimented with lights. I always meant to script some glowing underwater fish to swim there.

So whatever you are building, build it as an off-sim extender and hang it down in the Abysmal Depths of the Void Sea! The new prim distance limits allow you to make things up to 56 meters in diameter. That means that after you leave one prim behind on the shore, you could have some prims 40 meters offshore and 40 meters below the bottom. A tall thin build closer to shore could go deeper of course (56 meters in the limit).

Then the easiest way to get to your off-sim structure would be to have seats built into it. Just reach down and click on the top of the structure and your avatar would land on one of the seats in the dark.

OK, here's an easier solution:

Set up a megaprim at 2000m above the ground, texture it with rippling water, mark it phantom and call it the water level. Put some sculpty islands on it. Build your structure underneath this water prim and you are done.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.