I need help downloading second life in my computer?

daylen27

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

Second Life, like many other online games/platforms, has minimum system requirements in order to run successfully.  When you installed the SL viewer, it performs a basic check of the hardware in your computer to determine if that hardware will run SL.  That check revealed hardware in your computer that does not reach that minimum requirement......in other words, as it stands right now, that check determined that you will not be able to run SL successfully.  Specifically, it found the graphics capabilities of your computer are where it fails to meet the minimum.  Exactly what the problem is cannot be specifically spelled out since your graphics capabilities could be caused by many factors.........not just your GPU is too weak.  That message probably said something about maybe your video drivers need to be updated.  And, that would be the very first thing to address..........update your video card/adapter drivers.  Giving some computer specifications would be something that would allow a better answer than the one I just gave.  Without information about the computer it's impossible to give help......nothing but general advise about drivers and system requirements (which probably are not going to help you much at all).  Use the "Options" in the upper right corner of your post and "Edit" to add the system specs and any other information you might have that will help others to help you.  Please don't start a new thread.

A pretty thorough article on a computer that will run SL well is

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Choosing_a_computer

Read the article in it's entirity and follow the links provided.  Most, if not all, your questions will be answered there.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.