Using blender 2.65 and trying to get the avatar workbench to animate...but get use hip error...

Shandree

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Edit: I should also mention that I do not have avastar and am not sure I'll be able to get it soon so I hope I can still animate for sl without it in blender 2.65...I tried a lot of things already and 2 other rigged avatars as well as the avatar workbench one. I know I'm probably making some silly mistake...but here are the steps I took to try to export a bvh...I posed the workbench avatar 3 times with auto recording set the frames to 41 save the blend then go to export..In export I selected the root option but left the eruler and scale etc alone, then I try to upload the animation to a sandbox on the test server but I keep getting the message "wrong root bone name, use hip" no matter what I try it seems. I heard with old sl versions you have to rename bones though, do I have to do that? Or perhaps scale is the problem, it is set at one.

Also I have no sl addons besides the avs right now, maybe I need some.

I tried joining groups too and youtube but a lot of the videos are pretty outdated and I can't seem to find an answer so any tips or help at all would be real appreciated, thanks for reading..

Re- edit: I got the bvh to upload by renaming bones...But now I have a new problem because the mesh/armature is on it's side instead of up and down the animation does not play like it should...Well at least I got it to upload..=p Any help sure would be appreciated. ;) I can't fiddle with blender cause I wont have my good comptuer for a few days so any replies would be great..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.