How to get linux mint 14 KDE / 32 bit to run Phoenix, Firestorm, or even SL veiwer?

0DAWG0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok here is what I've gone thru already. I done terminal get-apt updates I've tried lib32 get-apt, Its not a intel driver issue either since I have intel graphics. Its not a broken package from the archive. I'm trying to use the simple standard click on snowglobe or the firestorm icon to install > even as supersuser. I got it running once on this new Linux Mint 14 32 bit KDE, but it was a terminal update cmd for bison and another service. Strange tho cause now I can't find that posting the gentleman did on the net and all anyone is talking about is compiling the source code. Compiling the source code chances is about slim to none on the new Back Kernel of the Linux MInt > since Debain is not being used VIA core. Plus I don't need to build anew viewer for a 64 bit when I'm using a 32 bit. All updates running, even tried the old wine way. When I click the install icon it runs in terminal for about a breif 8 seconds then closes out with a crash. Now I got a chance to see one error on i863 issue but that wasn't the issue to be fixed. The i8series is a graphics failure for Intel which is a work around easly fix. I know that since Mint went to the distro version 14 theres been alot of changes, but I got it running once already on my laptop now trying to find that blog again to a gentleman who knew the perfect fix? Can anyone help me figure this out or help me research the blogs I need?

1 answer to this question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.