updating scripts

Tighern McDonnell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok so here is the next project... updating the single script in a hud. I am building a hud for our RP that is using a single script for the major functions. I have just descoverd and learned about llRemoteLoadScriptPin and am loving it. Here are my questions. I am utilizing a "update" button on the hud to set the pin and activate the updater prim with a chat command (if there is a better way I am open to suggestions) I am not really getting too fancy with this so keep that in mind. What I want to do if possible is to have the updater button remove the old script after it knows that it will be getting an update. So what I would do is make a check for an update, if update is coming use llRemoveInventory to remove the script then send the updater the signal to load the new script... am I missing something or is it again going to be this simple?

The way you described it, it should work... unless the owner of the updater can't modify the HUD.

Personally the updater is sent to the customer, and if triggered by an update request (a chat command too), it sends the updated script directly, then once the new script is inside the target object, it requests any existing option settings so they don't have to be set again (of course the old script must have a link_message event acknowledging and answering to the request), then it removes the old script, and changes its state to active and lets its owner knows it's ready to be used.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.