Second life viewer keep dropping me out

Solbarondi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is odd as Firestorm and the official viewer basically both use the same code. Maybe you should try a clean reinstall of LL's viewer see if it fixes it. Otherwise, if you are happy with Firestorm, just stick to it! :smileyhappy:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

I have the exact same problem reported by Solbarondi

I haven't been able to use SL Viewer for a few weeks now - only Firestorm is working.

Running Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine. I've tried a reinstall.. didn't fix the problem. 

Now we are getting a pattern here, I am running it on a Windows 7 64-bit machine as well.  It seems one of the recent SL viewer update might have broke it for us Windows 7 64-bit machine users.

My computer is a bit old, though still runs SL viewer fine up till a few weeks ago.

I have tried reinstall, clean up SL local cache.  Cleaning up SL local cache seems to be good for one login, subsequent login I got the same issue.  I can't possibly clean up local cache every time :D.

Also not a premium user here, I do spend my fair share on buying all kind of stuff, just not interested in maintaining a property.

Skyseed, I fixed the problem.  What I did was moving the folder "C:Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife" aside, so far the problem seems to go away.

The Roaming directory has your chat logs, that's why I moved it aside, not deleting it.  The related solutions i googled before all suggested to remove AppData\Local\SecondLife.  Tried that before this, didn't help.

If you are able to solve your issue this way or any other way, please comment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.