"missing from database"?

HotCocoa Wonder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My custom made, non copyable shape, has suddenly gone "missing from database". I have relogged..cleared cache several times, on several different low traffic sims. I have rebooted...reformatted my hard drive. I have removed all coalesced objects from my lost and found, and from my inventory all together. Still, my shape is missing from the database. I had it on, mind you. I logged in as I usually would and recieved the " failed to find bodypart named "shape name". in the database . Ive done everything that the "answers" given by people on the forums have suggested...and it is still gone. Can someone help? This is beyond frustrating and this item is impossible to replace by any other means. Thankyou in advance to any who may be able to offer some solution.:womansad:

Well thanks, you 2 for your help..but unfortunately the character test nor the clean uninstall/reinstall worked. I still get the same error after having done what you guys suggested. Its back to the drawing board for me. And no I am not a premium member and I have no intention of becoming 1 again. I was 1 for over a year and  was 1, the last time this happened to me afew years ago. stillll waiting for that stuff to magically return to a usable state. *crickets*

2 answers to this question

Hello,

clear your cache, relog and let your inventory fully load. Make sure you have the latest drivers of your graphics card, and try switching HTTP-Inventory (Develop menu - enable it with CTRL+ALT+Q or CTRL+ALT+D fromn the login screen).

Also if you're on a wireless connection (WIFI), try connecting to Second Life via wired LAN.

Make sure you use the latest viewer from http://secondlife.com/support/downloads.

If that doesn't help, please do a clean install of *ALL* viewers (also third-party-viewers) and reboot your PC before you install the viewer again. See: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Clean_Install for instructions.

Beware that you must save your chat-log files manually, as they are often kept in the same folder as some of those that you will have to delete on a *clean install*.

If you're premium member, contact support and ask them nicely to find your shape and run their 'inventory repair scripts' over your inventory: http://support.secondlife.com/contact-support

ETA: Never use Secondlife on a secondary monitor, always use your primary monitor, in case you have  multi-monitor setup!

Have you tried doing the avatar test (reverting your shape back to the basic "Ruth" shape for either male or female)?  Once you've done that and relogged (yes you will be that frumpy little "Ruth" avatar shape), then wear your custom shape.  That should fix you if it's just some random, temporary inventory issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.