Strange Texturing problem

Spinell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Something slightly bizarre happened:

I was testing the texture I made for my mesh after a few details in phototshop, and it acted fine, except for one face:

texturing problem.png

The UV map is all neat and tidy and the rest of the faces act normally, except that one. I get this strange black trim around it. The "white" part that you see on UV map is actually tranparent in the .png.

Does anyone know what the problem is? I never had this happening before.

From the display of the edges, it appears to me that where this effect is happining is where a triangle from the mesh on the right is on top of the triangle from the mesh on the left, while the triangles you can see in the UV window are all from the mesh on the left. Not only does the dark edge effect happen in this triangle, but it doesn't meet up with the textures in the adjecent triangles. I assume that the mesh on the right is getting it's texture from the upper part of the image shown in the UV window, and the darkenning is the antialiasing of the light/dark boundary in that part of the image. If I am right, you should be able to correct this by moving one or two vertices of the offending triangle slightly away from the point of view, or bringing the vertices from the left-mesh-triangle towards the point of view, so that this triangle is no longer obscuring the one that belongs to the left-hand mesh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.