How do you block SLON from being used against you? I am tired of being stalked.

Ardante

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This woman keeps tabs of EVERYONE she meets and now she is using it to stalk me.  I've tried changing alts and somehow she finds me.  Not sure what to do and I heard she uses SLON so I wonder how do I keep it from seeing me online and alerting her?  I'm going to end up deleting SL because of this stalker.

Never used forum as you can tell, so not sure how to add a reply.  

She's been keeping tabs and notes of everyone so it's not hard for her ot figure out who is who.  I'm trying to be good and not telling my friends about what she's doing.  I just wish she'd give me the same respect and leave me be.  I never did anything to this woman other than stand near a friend and ever since then I've been on her hit list.  Makes you wonder about some of these people in second life and their mental status.

2 answers to this question

Ardante,

SLON is a 3rd party service that uses the open architecture of SL to provide avatar online information.

It does not locate you in-world. Even if you block or mute a person in SL. Anyone can determine manually if you are online by just knowing what your likes and dislikes are, what groups you are in etc.

So you need to deal with being stalked in SL, not things that you can not control. So lets chat about that shall we?

Here is a Forum Thread regarding being Stalked...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/A-Question-of-How-to-Report-Stalking-and-Harassment-of-an/m-p/1205215/highlight/true#M34974

The basics are as follows:

1) Know how to protect your parcel from intruders. [using Parcel Security options]

2) If you maintain a Profile, updating it as to your activities will tell anyone looking at it all they need to know about you. [Publicly displaying Group Membership will be a non-starter for you] - [Posting your Picks likewise]

3) Do you frequent the same places in SL? Then stand your ground and keep this person blocked & muted. Otherwise, find other places to hang out at.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.