Blender Avastar: Elbow Mesh is Twisted when Imported into SL

SlimJimmi1488303813

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Heeeeeey!

I've got a slight problem that I need help with.

I created an avatar in Blender and I have attached it to the avastar-1 rig. Everything deforms correctly in Blender; there are no obvious problems. However, when I export the avatar into second life, the mesh around the elbows becomes a bit twisted and out of place. I've tried resizing the avastar rig and also tried repositioning the bones/edited weight paint too. Does anyone have a solution?

if anyone needs a screenshot to see what I mean, just ask and i'll post some up.

Thanks!

Did you use the "Alter Mesh to Restpose" Option ? (formerly called "bake t-pose") If so then distortions at the shoulders are very common when your final mesh is put into T-Pose in SL. That option only works well around the natural pose of your mesh attachment (the modelled pose).

Resizing the rig is possible of course, but then you must ensure to enable the option "Apply armature object scale" when you export the Mesh. You should avoid to apply scale to the Rig because that will have influence on the animations created by Avastar. If you do not use avastar to create animations then aply scale to the rig might work for you.

If that does not help, then a screenshot might help me to help you :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.