Permissions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

Apologies if im being a bit dim here:)

I started t do some building some time ago and ive now come back to the project.  Thing is i seem to have set the permissions for the item i was building as no copy and no modify.  I need to redesign it but obviously i cannot make copies and i cannot modify and i cant seem to check these boxes in the edit menu so...............

Am i now completely stuck and will have to build another with copy and modify or is there a way to sort this?

Thanks in advance :)

The next owner permissions should not effect you as the creator of the build.  You should have full perms on it.  The exception would be if you passed a copy of the build with no mod no copy perms on it to someone, who then they gave it back to you.  Even so you should  have a full perm copy in your inventory unless you deleted it.

Check the edit contents of every prim.  If you there is anything in the prim contents that is no copy and/or no mod the build would be showing as no mod no copy to you in your inventory but you should still be able to modify the prims and remove this content.

The only possible other explanation is that you have been hit with a permission bug.  I've had this happen.  Usually if you leave it and come back later it resolves itself.  But if not, I'm afraid you are going to have to rebuild.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.