How does Tier work: what's the billing cycle like?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tier works differently depending on if we're talking mainland or private region, however, since your post appears to imply this is a parcel of land, and not an entire SIM, I'll assume it's mainland we're discussing (can only own private regions directly from Linden Labs one entire SIM at a time).

To "own" mainland directly through Linden Labs, you must first be a premium member. This involves paying a fee either monthly or annually directly to them. The "tier" you'll now pay for this mainland will be charged from the same account as that premium membership fee is charged, and will be deducted automatically from that account each month on the anniiversary of your monthly premium membership (that is, for example, if you became a premium member on January 16th, of 2013, you will pay tier for your land on the 16th of each month). It does NOT matter what day you purchased the land, it will always be linked to the day you became a premium member.

The amount of tier depends on the amount of land you own. You can go to the account overview page once signing into SecondLife.com to see both your next billing date and the amount you'll be billed. Your name and password to get into your profile on SecondLife.com is the same as your name and password to log into SecondLife.

https://secondlife.com/my/account/?lang=en-US

Message me in world if you need additional information on any of this. Hope this helps.

Hi Nefertiti!  From your post, I will assume that you are renting from someone else (your land lord), so you'd probably pay a rental box. Some land barons have PayPal option, but most will rez a rental box in 1-2 weeks increments, or monthly. When you pay the rental box, it will reflect the time that's left, and remind you when tier is due again, so you just come back and pay it when it's due. If your landlord doesn't have a rental box, you just pay them directly in increments agreed beforehand.

Juicy Littlething wrote:

Hi Nefertiti!  From your post, I will assume that you are renting from someone else (your land lord), so you'd probably pay a rental box. Some land barons have PayPal option, but most will rez a rental box in 1-2 weeks increments, or monthly. When you pay the rental box, it will reflect the time that's left, and remind you when tier is due again, so you just come back and pay it when it's due. If your landlord doesn't have a rental box, you just pay them directly in increments agreed beforehand.

No, I stated that I bought the land from the landlord - he always said he would offer land to his tenants first if he got out of the mainland sim rental business, and he did as he promised.

Now that I don't have the rental box, I was wondering what the procedure is. 

Richie's explanation worked ... they'll take iot from PayPal if I don't have USD in my SL account.  I checked right after I bought the parcel, but apparently records had not updated yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.