lindens what listen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

sometimes we got a pet  hate and we ask linden over and over if they can fix. 100s and 1000s and millions of us evne sometimes. and big nothing. big old StoneEars Linden. deafer than a stone post

one of my pet hates was the Home button on the 3.x viewer. lots of other people hated that as well. and moan like me about it. over and over and over

bc when you brand new then you press it and it sends you to some random linden WA or Infohub. so lots of newbies wandering round all over going where is my Home??? i lost it

bc the first time they pressed the Home button then they went to this one place. so they go oh! ok. then next time they press they not go to the same place bc they not know to Set Home. so they go wut?? am like total lost now bc i dont recognise this new place

+

anyways StoneEars decide to listen seems like. now when you brandnew and press the Home button its says: you havent got a Home yet. find a place inworld where you can set Home and you be good after that

so \o/

16 wrote:

anyways StoneEars decide to listen seems like. now when you brandnew and press the Home button its says: you havent got a Home yet. find a place inworld where you can set Home and you be good after that

so \o/

And then the next thing that they do is come here and ask us how can they find a place to call home.

Perrie Juran wrote:

16 wrote:

so \o/

And then the next thing that they do is come here and ask us how can they find a place to call home.

yes true lol

my moan was 2part moan. first that the random sending to any old where on each press should stop. the 2nd part was that the first time you press Home then go to a WA or Infohub, or even better a private WA/greeter place. and then it automagically sets your Home for you

so only one stone ear unblocked this way. but better than both still blocked i think

jwenting wrote:

if you press home and have no home set nothing happens, or maybe you get an error message.

thats right. nothing happens. you dont get sent to any old random place now. just get a message saying you have to find a Home and set yourself

now it works more as expected than the old way. more browser-like. if you don't have a homepage set in your browser then the home button don't work either

you still got the back and forwards buttons and the teleport history tho

+

is a tiny little thing the Home button. if you going to have a browser-like UI then should work in the predictable expected way. when it don't then just confuse/annoy people when they first trying out your softwares

add: the whole random home button old way is a bit like not having a homepage in the web browser and when you click on it then it picks some random webpage on the interwebz and loads that

+

from a predictable pov. would be quite good if one day we got a right-click dropdown history on the back and forward buttons. that expected behavior these days as well

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.