Music Issues

Arko11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

While on my parcel of land ladt night (and again tonight) the normal soft musice that I have playing on my parcel of land has been hijacked and loud headbanging sounds are infecting the land.  I am using SL Viewer and the message that come us says 'Winter prank goes terribly wrong. Youtube (Playing)'  what is this and how do I get rid of it????  It is also happening to my landlord as well and he is at a loss to explain it....  Any suggestions?????

Arko

3 answers to this question

Hello,

an option to make this stop:
go to preferences (press the keyboard shortcut CTRL+P) and click the "Sound & Media" tab,
and de-select the option 'Allow Media to autoplay'.

You can then start the media that you want to listen to manually, by hovering with your mouse over the 'play' button at the very top right corner of the viewer window,
then click on the 'More >>>' button.
This will allow you to select which media you want to actually listen to.
I've marked the relevant spots on this screenstot:

music-and-sound.PNG

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Ark,

Martins answer is spot on. What you have discovered is that you can hear sound from various sources in your SL. Here is a recap of those places.

1) Your Music URL - Usually an HTML address of your fave internet music or talk radio station although you can also use the URL of your fave DJ or friend who is also streaming music to the internet.

2) The sound associated with any Media attached to a Prim - This is what you are hearing with your question. Somewhere on the parcel is an Internet TV with the station set to this Youtube video. Let your landlord know that they should be subdividing each rental unit into separate Parcels so that Sound and Media can be controlled by each tenant individually. If in fact they have done this, then when a rental parcel comes up for lease again, the landlord needs to reset [clear] the Music and Media URLs and the Media Parcel Texture back to the default settings.

3) Sound attached to other Avatars.

4) Sound embedded in other objects such as music boxes and the like. [i one had a Teddy-bear that played several of my favorite songs over and over]

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.