SL Viewers not running on a new Mac

Fun4aquarius Dinzeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I got a new Mac Mini (late 2012) for Christmas this year  running OS X 10.8.2 (12C2034).  It has Processor  2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, with Intel HD Graphics 4000 768 MB.  It still won't run any of the latest SL viewers (including Beta, and development viewers).  It keeps searching for inventory.  The only viewer that works for me is the old Phoenix viewer (Firestorm doesn't even work right).  I have a cable internet connection thru WiFi.  What do you subbest?

3 answers to this question

I'd say your viewers are failing on making HTTP connections - Second Life uses two different types of connections. Older viewers like Phoenix use mostly UDP connections, Viewer 2 and later, including Firestorm, use a mixture of HTTP and UDP. You should try a direct connection instead of wireless first of all, and here's a link to a fix that works for a lot of Mac users.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/dns_fail

• Like 2

So you're on Mountain Lion. You have to tell your big cat how to accept SL as an authorized application. Under you Security preferences, choose "authorize from anywhere", not just from "App store" and" Apple identifyed developers".  :smileyhappy: (Using an Ethernet cable goes without saying. SL hates wifi, especially on Macs).

lion.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.