Where Do I Find Skybox Land For Rent?

evoluchun1981

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If I wanted to rent a peice of land thats a skybox so I can put my own house down so I could rent it out how would I go about finding the land. I mean I know how to search for land for rent but is there away to jsut find skybox lands or do I have to look for mainland and throw my own platform for the skybox in the sky. Also whats the best 2 heights to throw a skybox up at in the sky?

Unless specifically prohibited by the covenant or lease you can put a skybox on any land.  Be sure to check if the covenant specifies a minimum height as most private estates do, typically 300 or 500 meters.  If it doesn't specify or if it is mainland, put it at least 300m up or people will see it from the ground and the neighbors won't thank you for it.  A skybox can be put up to 4000m.  I'd place it on any level where you don't see other sky builds.

You will need to put up your own platform more than likely.  To do this, rez the platform on the ground and make sure that it is within the property lines.  Once you have it positioned, sit on it, then go to edit>object and in the Position field, Z type in the height you want to put it.  It will zip up and take you with it so you can then rez the house and get a landmark to it.

To find land, look in these forums, classifieds the marketplace and land search.  If you are planning on renting it out, be sure the covenant and lease allow subleasing.  If it doesn't say, be sure to check with the landowner before you rent the land.

Just an aside, the rental market is very competitive now.  If you are renting the land and want to make money you will have to charge more than you pay for it.  This may make the rent not competitive with other rentals.  Before deciding to do this, check around for similar homes for rent with the same prims etc and see what the are going for.  You will have to charge the same or less to attract tenants.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.