viewers not responding. tried Phoenix, firestorm and viewer 2

Ewan Loordes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I crashed, which is unusual for me anyway,  and the Phoenix viewer showed Not Responding.    the screen went black and took ages to get to a point where I could close it off.   When I tried to log back in it did the same thing.  I tried Firestorm as well and then Viewer 2.   all did the same thing.

My graphics card still works as I can do other things on my computer.  What might the issue be.??

1 answer to this question

Ewan Loordes wrote:

My graphics card still works as I can do other things on my computer.  What might the issue be.??

Get that thinking right out of your head. Just because you can do 'other things' on your computer, does not mean your graphic card is enough to run SL. SL is a very resource heavy application that needs a constant internet connection. The World of Warcraft client for example in comparison is not nearly as heavy as are most other mmorpg's. So whatever works for you, doesn't automatically mean SL will, too.

Quoting Charolotte Caxton:

Hi Knowl, that happened to me when I had shadows and antialiasing enabled. If she wants shadows, disable antialiasing, if she wants antialiasing, disable shadows. It was fixed in 2.7.1 though. 

Here's the thread for anyone else:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Foro-en-espa%C3%B1ol/Problemas-al-iniciar/m-p/943755#M861

oh, also make sure if they are using two monitors that sl is on the primary...

In addition, try logging into a quiet region such as Smith.

Also go to your graphics card manufecturer site and download the latest driver there.

Lastsly, make sure you're not on a wireless connection.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.