Random freezing?

Eric Boccara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since about 2/3 months ago i started experiences freezing in Second life. Like... Allot It seems to happen randomly and no idea how to prevent it. I've tried out all kinds of different viewers, and all seem to be doing this. It seems to happen allot when playing videos in SL (streaming on a tv)

It just randomly locks up and i have to force the executeable to stop.  ANyone else experiencing this? Or know how to fix this?

My computer is self build. i7 960, Asus p6t Deluxe motherboard, 6 gb ram and a HD ATI6990

I'm having the same problem, for about 2/3 months, and I too am on a ASUS Core i7, geforce  GTX450m, I've clear cache and reloaded more than once.  I have to force reboot and it is beginning to effect my laptop.  What's up with that?  I can stay online for about 5 minutes before freezing and locking up my system.

Birdie Cyberstar wrote:

I'm having the same problem, for about 2/3 months, and I too am on a ASUS Core i7, geforce  GTX450m, I've clear cache and reloaded more than once.  I have to force reboot and it is beginning to effect my laptop.  What's up with that?  I can stay online for about 5 minutes before freezing and locking up my system.

heat problem?  that would be the very first thing i'd check.  no blocked, vents etc.

SL is just plain demanding and you can heat up very fast.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.